Every cycle in World of Warcraft is a source of income for those who use money-making techniques: whether a new expansion, patch, arena season or the every-day raid, these are all opportunities to maximize prices for items that you have or can get your hands on.
Most guilds start raiding at around 7 PM server time. By that time, many players will have gotten the needed consumables for raids.
6 PM is the high-time to fulfill players’ raiding needs. Items that sell best before raids are:
- Flasks –tanking, healing and DPS flasks.
- Potions – particularly Runic Mana Potions can be
sold for higher prices.
- Bandages – Most players will already have a supply of these, but it’s always good to have them readily available for players who don’t farm as much to get the cloths.
Around half a server’s population (unless specifically PvP oriented) will raid during weekdays between 7 and 11 PM. This means that there will be around 50% less people farming or gathering everywhere. If you’re not a raider yourself, these hours are great for:
- Eternal farming – especially in Lake Wintergrasp (if your faction controls it); since this place is also a world PvP zone, you’ll want to get some PvP gear with you. If you prefer the more quiet spots, try Storm Peaks or Zul’drak.
- Gathering – Mines, Herbs and Skinnable mobs are more likely to be there, waiting for you to gather them!
- General grinding – mobs who die fast, AoE spots, rare recipes will be there and you won’t have to fight other players for each mob.
Raids equal new gear. New gear requires new enchants, gems and so on. This is a good time for crafting professions to produce gold:
- Enchanting Materials – essences, dusts and especially shards should be available in a high supply after raid times.
- Enchanting Services – particularly for rare enchants that aren’t available in every guild (weapon enchants that drop in instances, rare world drops etc.) Remember to use
Vellums to place Enchantments on the Auction House so you don’t waste your time shouting in cities.
- Gems – a lot of players will buy rare gems for their
new gear, both uncut and already cut.
- Jewelcrafting services – Meta gems and rare gems can be cut for a small fee.
- Leg patches – tanking, melee DPS patches can be a good opportunity for Leatherworkers to make some extra cash. The healing and spell damage spellthreads will also be needed by healers and casters, so have your Frozen Orbs ready!