There was a post on the official wow bug report forums where someone stated that they could get
their pet to attack whilst remaining camouflaged. They didn't explain the exploit, so I tried to reverse-engineer it.
The steps I use:
- Feign death with play dead glyph. Immediately accept pop-up port (eg bg, proving grounds).
- Pet will now still be in feign death mode.
- Dimiss pet and replace it with another until the feign death buff expires (it will run down even when dismissed).
- Go kill stuff for six minutes.
- Recall original pet as feign death buff is about to expire, go into camouflage as pet is coming out of feign death.
- You should now be in stealth and your pet can attack anything without bringing you out of camouflage.
With proving grounds you can set up five pets for a potential five minutes of this exploit per bg or whatever.
The exploit is quite powerful but the set-up time and the fact camouflage lasts only a minute per pet limits its utility. I'm posting it partly as I suspect others can develop it further.